Head of Technical Professional Development
In response to G&L’s significant global growth since its inception in 2016, we have created a new leadership position to reinforce our dedication to professional growth and development.
You will have overarching responsibility for our company’s strategy on all aspects of training and development for our technical regulatory and quality colleagues.
You will be expected to use your knowledge and initiative to continually develop and refine the strategy and plans to best suit the business and our technical staff’s development needs. You will need to work in collaboration with the technical senior leaders, other key stakeholders, as well as technical members of staff on a global basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with senior leadership, key stakeholders and with the support of an internally appointed learning & development committee, proactively assess and then design learning and development opportunities for technical staff that align with business goals, talent strategies, and meet all compliance requirements
- Drive engagement and development at all levels of the technical staff, and foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth
- Ensure that all learning programs are appropriately localized and tailored in their implementation to specific markets
- Lead and manage the design, development and delivery of technical and soft skill learning programs and services targeted at the technical staff
- Conduct comprehensive needs analyses on a continuous basis, recognize emerging patterns, and provide recommendations to address skill / knowledge or competency gaps and/or potential opportunities; Implement relevant upskilling opportunities which may include training, in addition to leveraging external subject matter experts, guest speakers, lunch and learns, along with bespoke internal training and utilization of 3rd party training vendors
- Leadership of the technical learning & development committee
- Design and deliver the plan for the implementation of personal development plans for all technical members of staff; Assess / measure success of the plans and re-evaluate as necessary
- Design of promotion development support programs for newly promoted technical staff including people managers
- Design the integration and assimilation training plans for the on boarding of technical members of staff
- Leverage a variety of learning modes (i.e. coaching, job-shadowing, mentoring) and platforms to provide engaging learning experiences
- Serve as a learning and development ambassador to advocate for the value and continued growth of learning initiatives for the technical staff within the company
- Train and coach managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts
Experience should include a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience working in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with direct extensive experience in Regulatory Affairs and Learning Management
Upload your CV
To apply for the Head of Technical Professional Development job position please complete the form below.