Role posted on: 13th January 2020
G&L Scientific is a specialist provider of consultants to the healthcare industry – each of our client engagements is bespoke, meaning that no week is the same for our global sales team. We provide a high-end, niche offering to our clients, who include many of the top pharmaceutical companies, and they have come to expect an exceptional service from G&L.
We have offices and employees in the US, Canada, UK, Switzerland and India. Due to the rapid expansion of our international company and specifically in response to the local demands in the Massachusetts area, we are looking to expand our team in Boston.
Role Description: Business Development Executive, Client Services, Boston MA
This position in our company will include the following types of duty:
- Working on outbound sales projects including creating, executing and following up on mailers, online advertising campaigns and industry journal articles.
- Following up on warm leads generated by the wider organisation, and existing contract workforce.
- Working directly with our clients to discuss their project requirements; liaising with G&L’s technical team to ensure that we are providing bespoke solutions and services to each client.
- Meeting prospects to discuss specific areas of interest and to introduce G&L; building rapport with customers through coffee meetings and more formal meeting arrangements
- Using online platforms to build our employer brand and engage with new clients.
- Tracking and recording all sales activity on SalesForce.com
- Working in a close-knit team, to ensure that the departmental workload is evenly shared and time-sensitive projects are completed.
- Liaising with Belfast Sales team and acting upon telephone calls / meetings arranged for you.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing environment within the life sciences industry. A qualification in business, marketing or similar subject would be an advantage. You should have an enthusiastic and pragmatic approach, but also not be afraid of presenting new ideas and methods to get the job done. The most important thing for G&L, and particularly for this role, is that you are a brilliant ambassador for our company – communication skills (both written and spoken) and customer focus are paramount. We have a strong company culture, so we are really looking for someone who would enjoy working for a rapidly growing, small organisation and fully immersing themselves in our little-but-perfectly-formed company. You’ll need to be hands-on, proactive, strategic, reactive and most of all – good humoured!
If that sounds like something that would excite you – please drop us your CV along with a covering note which explains why you believe you are a good match for our role to firstname.lastname@example.org
G&L Scientific is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their gender, religious belief, political opinion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or race. We recruit based on talent alone and firmly believe that an individual’s background should play no part in the recruitment and selection process. G&L is committed to everyone having the right to work in an environment free from threat of discrimination, intimidation, harassment and abuse. All employees at G&L share the responsibility to challenge discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.