Role posted on: 13th January 2020
G&L Scientific is a specialist provider of consultants to the healthcare industry – each of our client engagements is bespoke, meaning that no week is the same for our global recruitment team. We provide a high-end, niche offering to our clients, who include many of the top pharmaceutical companies, and they have come to expect an exceptional service from G&L.
We have offices and employees in the UK (Marlow, Bucks and Belfast, NI), East & West coast US, Canada, Switzerland and India. Over the past few years, G&L has expanded rapidly and we have quickly become the go-to supplier for all types of regulatory and quality staffing solutions.
Role Description: Resourcing Specialist, Belfast Northern Ireland
As a member of the Resource Management team, you’re a vital link between project managers, clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- Working closely with our Client Services team (who are responsible for sales & business development) to develop marketing techniques and continually networking, aiming to attract the best possible talent for our business
- Having a continual oversight on G&L’s current projects, having control of which of our consultants are having assignments extended, and which will need a new project in the coming weeks/months.
- Developing a solid understanding of the industry, taking note of trends and hot topics so that G&L can tailor our offering to our client base and become their partner of choice.
- Developing a solid understanding of the industry to ensure that we are offering attractive roles to our employees (both existing and new hires); staying ahead of the curve in our comp/benefits and training packages.
- Advertising our openings by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as job boards, websites and industry journals
- Using social media to advertise our positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- Hiring the best possible talent for G&L’s team of consultants – aiming to attract people to join our core team of permanent consultants, but also working with freelance contractors wherever required.
- Headhunting wherever necessary, identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- Using G&L’s existing candidate databases to match the right person to each client’s requirement
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a shortlist of candidates for our project managers and clients
- Working with HR to manage all pre-hire and onboarding background checks; requesting ID and references and checking the suitability of applicants.
- Working closely with our candidates about client requirements, ensuring they understand the project brief and expectations.
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants, using G&L templates
- Informing all applicants about the results of their application and interviews
- Becoming an industry-expert, based on research and experience so that we can offer advice to both clients and candidates on realistic pay rates, training and career progression options.
- As a company, working towards and exceeding revenue targets
- Reviewing resourcing policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to drive the growth of our global company. This role will suit a self-starter and innovator – we love to work with people who have the courage to say: “why not?”.
The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the industry is fast-paced, time-sensitive and demanding. The role is office-based and 60% of your time will be spent working to coincide with the East Coast USA – meaning you would start work around lunchtime and work through to early evening.
We are looking for someone with an enthusiastic and pragmatic approach, but also someone who isn’t afraid of presenting new ideas and methods to get the job done! The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a recruitment, and would be comfortable dealing with technical jargon and/or the language of the healthcare industry. The most important thing for G&L, and particularly for this role, is that you are a brilliant ambassador for our company – communication skills and customer service is paramount. We have a strong company culture, so we are really looking for someone who would enjoy working for a rapidly growing, small organisation and fully immersing themselves in our little-but-perfectly-formed company. You’ll need to be hands-on, proactive, strategic, reactive and most of all – good humoured!
If that sounds like something that would excite you – please drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
G&L Scientific is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their gender, religious belief, political opinion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or race. We recruit based on talent alone and firmly believe that an individual’s background should play no part in the recruitment and selection process. G&L is committed to everyone having the right to work in an environment free from threat of discrimination, intimidation, harassment and abuse. All employees at G&L share the responsibility to challenge discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.